The experienced staff at United Health Actuarial Services, Inc. (UHAS) is highly qualified to perform all actuarial functions relating to Standard and Select Medicare Supplement (MedSup) insurance coverages. Our team members bring an average of over twenty years of MedSup work experience to your projects.
MedSup Actuarial Services Offered:
- Developing morbidity assumptions by credibility weighting client experience with our industry-based experience;
- Developing lapse and mortality experience studies and assumptions;
- Developing projections for various purposes (e.g., pricing, cash flow testing, gross premium valuations, appraisals, etc.);
- Developing premiums and providing client product-development support;
- Determining appropriate rate increases;
- Developing actuarial materials for rate increase filings;
- Interfacing with state insurance departments by filing forms and rates and responding to objections;
- Preparing annual regulatory filings;
- Providing peer review services; and,
- Financial reporting and valuation for services relating to statutory, tax and GAAP liability/reserve calculations.
UHAS Industry Morbidity Experience
Industry experience is often necessary in the development of new MedSup rates and in the interpretation or review of historical and/or projected MedSup claims. Our industry data includes all standardized MedSup packages. If experience studies are needed for a premium rate increase filing, our industry data and manual assumptions are carefully modified to fit the unique characteristics of our clients’ plans. In addition, projected future experience is checked and adjusted to be consistent with historical plan experience as appropriate.
Contact us to learn more about our MedSup services.